Summer Pico de Gallo
Use some Cherokee Purple tomatoes if they are ready for a beautiful purple color in this salsa or you can even mix red, purple, orange and yellow tomatoes. This recipe will work just fine with the avocado or without. You can also change the type of pepper if you want it a little spicier or even use bell peppers if you want it less spicy!
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno chili, minced and seeded if desired (use gloves or sandwich bags when seeding peppers so not to burn skin and eyes)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, if desired
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Add a whole chopped avocado if desired
Combine all ingredients except avocado and mix well.
Lightly toss in the chopped avocado just before serving.
Find more recipes by Denise Barratt on her blog at www.vineripenutrition.com.