2018 Heritage Food Project
This year our chapter focuses on heirloom squash and highlights the North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash also known as the Candy Roaster Squash.
- Help members of the community grow heirloom squash from seed to harvest.
- Bring people together to eat, celebrate and share recipes using the North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash.
- Share stories of their growing experience and learn how to save these heirloom seeds for the future.
Come to the Carolina Mountain Cheese Fest at Highlands Brewery. This festival is all about the word of curd! Join us for an afternoon of demos, tastings and wonderful cheese makers from all over.
Are you eager to learn more about Slow Food Asheville? This discussion will include talk about the organization’s efforts to preserve regional heritage foods and to build relationships among gardeners, farmers, educators and consumers who are interested in the farm-to-table movement.
Check back for more event to come!
How to Get Involved
- Sign up as a participant with the Heritage Food Project online or in person at one of the events throughout this year.
- Follow us on Facebook – Slow Food Asheville, follow us on Twitter – @SlowFoodAvl, follow us on Instagram – #slowfoodavl. Share your photos, questions and gardening updates.
- Attend Slow Food Asheville events such as the upcoming discussion at the North Asheville Library, upcoming Slow Food Asheville Happy Hours and the Heritage Food Project celebration in the Fall.
- Volunteer or become a member of our board. Email email@example.com or sign up for our newsletter to become involved.
Interested in finding out about the Heritage Food Project from years past? Click HERE!